Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Applying

Work Abroad - Overseas Jobs for the Filipinos
http://www.workabroad.ph/
March 2011
Already had my resume posted at the workabroad site.
I was updating my profile and trying my luck
I initially began scanning nursing ads bound for KSA.
I clicked every single one that had 
OB/DR/GYNE/Labor tags in it.
I also uploaded my resume and 
left everything to fate.


I also had a daily subscription to jobstreet
And that is where Arjoy's found my resume methinks.
http://www.jobstreet.com.ph/
All my experience were volunteering work.
Although I was not compensated with a salary.
Sometimes they gave me pang-merienda.

I resigned ahem, AWOLed myself
(I was not an employee, I was a volunteer)
after 2 years of waiting for:
1. waiting for the lying-in to 
become a secondary hospital
2. being bypassed by volunteers who have 
'connections' to the mayor
3. laboring for years and still no news 
about them hiring me even if they told me 
I was the best candidate.
4. better opportunities
5. personal problems/issues

In the end I got tired of the government.
Truly not everything is equal.
It was unfair for people like me who 
worked hard and expected
that our exemplary performance 
would put in a 'good word'
for a possible placement in the 
government bureaucracy.

Connections, nepotism and corruption rules.
Top to bottom, nobody is spared.
I want a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pen is mightier than a sword especially when sharpened

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...