Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Poems to ruin your life

POEMS TO RUIN YOUR LIFE

My sincerest apologies
to the person whom
i proffered the compilation
_______________________
My first take on being an
editor, publisher, and visual artist
_______________________
I compiled and commented
on a collection of poems
that circled on a certain theme---love
_____________________
I will not include all the poems
just the ones with the
most wittiest coments
______________________

THE MINUTE I HEARD MY FIRST LOVE STORY
Rumi
Translated by Coleman Barks with John Mayne

The minute i heard my first love story
I started looking for you not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers dont finally meet somewhere
Theyre in each other all along.

Kika's Comment
Friendship is just not a good foundation,
its a fallback
___________________________________

WHAT IT IS
Eric Fried
Translated from German by Stuart Hood

It is madness
says reason
It is what it is
says love
It is unhappiness
says caution
It is nothing but pain
says fear
It has no future
says insight
It is what it is
says love
It is ridiculous
says pride
It is foolish
says caution
It is impossible
says experience
It is what it is
says love

Kika's Comment
Still, love is Hell!
_________________________________
24th SEPTEMBER 1945
from "Poems to Piraye (his wife) from Prison"
Nasim Hikmet
Translated from Turkish by Richard McKane

The best sea:has yet to be crossed
The best child:has yet to be born
The best days:have yet to be lived
and the best word that I wanted to say to you
is the word that I have not yet said.

Kika's Comment
The most powerful poem that i have read to date

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pen is mightier than a sword especially when sharpened

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...